daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:17 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Unknown - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Unknown details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, June 12, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Unknown

Bible in a Year : Ezra 3-5, John 20

By faith Abraham . . . obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
Hebrews 11:8

Today's Scripture & Insight : Hebrews 11:8-10

My eldest son seemed agitated, so I asked him what was bothering him. “I’m nervous about high school,” he admitted. In his mind, high school was a big, scary place—with foreboding dark towers housing fearsome teachers.

But then we went along to the open evening. He met friendly staff and helpful students, whilst discovering welcome opportunities for sport. “I’m excited,” he told me as we turned to leave. “There’s so much to do here!”

Do you recognise this fear of the unknown? We create nightmarish scenarios in our minds, wishing we could see what’s coming next. Yet Abraham is commended in Scripture for having faith in the face of the unknown. “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going” (Hebrews 11:8).

The key is that Abraham “obeyed and went”. The place ahead might have been unknown, but the One he was travelling with and obeying wasn’t. Even amid unknowns, Abraham looked forward to the certainty of eventually arriving at the heavenly city, “whose architect and builder is God” (v. 10).

None of us can see what lies ahead; the unknown is daunting. But we know the One who is with us. God will walk each uncertain step with us until we see Him face to face in the city where He will dwell with us forever.

By: Chris Wale

Reflect & Pray
What unknowns are playing on your mind? How can you direct your thoughts instead towards God and His faithfulness?

Dear God, I am so thankful that I have a certainty within all of life’s unknowns: You are with me, and You are everything I need.
The Unknown





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions