daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:26 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Hopeless Cases - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Hopeless Cases details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, June 15, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Hopeless Cases

Bible in a Year : Nehemiah 1-3, Acts 2:1-21

Sing for joy, you heavens, for the Lord has done this; . . . the Lord has redeemed Jacob.
Isaiah 44:23

Today's Scripture & Insight : Isaiah 44:21-25

The situation looked hopeless for Amy and Alan’s infant daughter Jem. Born with a condition called trisomy-18, she was expected to die within days or weeks. “There’s no point in treating her,” the doctor said coldly. But her mother said, “I have bigger dreams for her.” They took Jem home and loved her. And they prayed.

Six years later, Jem needed surgery to remove a large tumour that had been found. Then—the same doctor walked in. “I know what you’re thinking,” he said, “but I’m asking you for a second chance.” He admitted he’d been wrong about Jem. “I’d like a chance at redemption,” he said. Amy and Alan might have said no. But they understood the power of God’s forgiveness.

The Old Testament prophets often carried a message of God’s judgement. But woven throughout that message is the irrepressible theme of God’s love, forgiveness and redemption. Isaiah pointed out Judah’s sins (44:6-20) but suddenly shifted focus. Speaking God’s words, he said, “Return to me, for I have redeemed you” (v. 22). God’s character wouldn’t permit Him to abandon His people. “I have made you,” He said, “I will not forget you” (v. 21). The conclusion: “Sing for joy, you heavens, for the Lord has done this; . . . the Lord has redeemed Jacob” (v. 23).

Jem’s surgery found no tumour. “A miracle!” said the doctor. The power of prayer. The power of our redeeming God.

By: Tim Gustafson

Reflect & Pray
What ‘hopeless’ cases do you know of? How have you seen God’s redemption at work in your life?

Heavenly Father, thank You for being the God who asks me to return to You.
Hopeless Cases





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BROKENNESS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 28, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BROKENNESS

In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More
DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Saturday, March 15, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE

When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More
Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life
The Word for today
for Wednesday, October 10, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV

In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More
God Is Good
Daily Devotional
for Tuesday, December 27, 2023
by Andrew Wommack Ministries

God Is Good

John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.'

JOHN 21:25
Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions