daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:36 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God Can! - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

God Can! details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, June 27, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
God Can!

Bible in a Year : Job 8-10, Acts 8:26-40

“Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel?” . . . The Lord answered, “I will be with you.”
Judges 6:15-16

Today's Scripture & Insight : Judges 6:1-16

The paediatrician’s diagnosis of a devastating neurological condition was bad enough. But it was just the first in a series of blows relating to our baby daughter’s disability. Yet every time I said, “I can’t do this”, God promised, “I will be with you.” And He was.

Gideon faced an impossible task. Yet again Midian’s annual plunder of Israel was imminent. God’s messenger had visited the young farmer and told him, “Go . . . and save Israel” (Judges 6:14). Gideon’s response was a clear: “I can’t do that!” Coming from a family with a poor reputation for bravery, he felt utterly incapable of doing what God was asking (v. 15).

Yet Gideon had a more serious problem—he believed that God had abandoned his people (v. 13). But he was about to learn that what we can’t do is exactly what God can do! “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites,” God said (v. 16). These faith-boosting words were exactly what Gideon needed. The road ahead for Israel’s farmer-general was frequently shaky, but he moved from “I can’t do that” to the triumphant battle cry to his men “Get up! The Lord has given the Midianite camp into your hands” (Judges 7:15).

Gideon learned that our inability is swallowed up by God’s ability when we choose to trust Him. That’s something to remember if today you feel like shouting, “But I can’t.”

By: Catherine Campbell

Reflect & Pray
What is making you say “I can’t” today? How might Ephesians 3:20 encourage you in whatever troubles you?

Thank You, Heavenly Father, that nothing is impossible with You. I leave my “I can’t(s)” in Your care, and I trust You with the outcome.
God Can!





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, May 28, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE

Read:
.
The essence of the anointing of God in your life is not for show but for service. Service is a fundamental aspect of leadership. The moment you remove service from your life, there is no room for good leadership. People should see the good example you are showing and praise God for your life....More
Apollo 15
The Good Seed
for Monday, July 20, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Apollo 15

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain. You are the same, and your years will not fail.
Hebrews 1:10-12.

Apollo 15
Whenever he gave an account of his landing on the moon during the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions