daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:11 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Thank God for His Gifts - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Thank God for His Gifts details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, January 11, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Thank God for His Gifts

We have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna! Numbers 11:6

Today's Scripture
Numbers 11:1-2, 4-11

Bible in a Year
Genesis 27-28, Matthew 8:18-34

Today's Devotional
The elderly man was taking a long time looking at the children’s backpacks in the store. He told me, “It’s my granddaughter’s birthday. I hope she likes my gift.” At the checkout, he clutched a pink backpack with a cartoon character design. He looked excited.

Later in a restaurant, I saw him again with a little girl and her parents. When the child opened her gift, she said, “I don’t like this character! And I hate pink!” Her parents made her apologize, but she still complained. My heart broke for her grandpa.

I was reminded of how I sometimes respond to God’s gifts. I complain because I want something different, failing to see the miracle before me—that God Himself has lovingly given something for me. The Israelites behaved similarly. God had kept His promise to them: “I will rain down bread from heaven for you” (Exodus 16:4). God’s faithful provision in the wilderness was sure: “When the dew settled on the camp at night, the manna also came down” (Numbers 11:9).

But instead of being thankful, the Israelites complained about God’s expression of loving provision: “We never see anything but this manna!” (v. 6). Instead of humbly requesting other food from God, they wailed over His gift.

I still remember the hurt look in the grandfather’s eyes that day. It made me think of how our heavenly Father must feel when we complain. Let’s be grateful for the gifts He’s given us.

Reflect & Pray
What blessings have you complained about? How can you thank God for them?

Dear Father, please forgive me for the times I’ve complained.
Thank God for His Gifts





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Now before the feast of the Passover...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 1, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Now before the feast of the Passover...

Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end
(John 13:1)

The opening verse of chapter 13 is introductory to the last discourses of our Lord. The...More
UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions