daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:00 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Comfort of God - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Comfort of God details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, January 14, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Comfort of God

The God of all comfort . . . comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort [others]. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Today's Scripture
2 Corinthians 1:3-11

Today's Devotional
I couldn’t wait. My husband and I had just returned from the grocery store; and as we unloaded the groceries, I frantically searched—but couldn’t find the donut bag. Then I checked the receipt. No donuts. Frustrated, I cried out, “All I wanted from the store was a donut!” Fifteen minutes later, my husband handed me a bag of donuts. He’d braved the snow again and snuck out to buy them. After squeezing him tightly, I sheepishly said, “I’m glad you didn’t get into an accident just to appease my craving!”

I don’t usually get that worked up about a donut! But it had been an emotionally draining week, and so I sought solace in a donut—and I experienced a much deeper joy through the love and compassion of my husband.

The kind of comfort we may get from satisfying our cravings is always short-lived. As the apostle Paul shared with the Corinthians, true—and lasting—comfort comes from the “God of all comfort” (2 Corinthians 1:3).

Paul understood his readers’ deep struggles and needs. Like them he faced daily trials, including persecution for his faith. And because God had comforted him, he was able to comfort them (v. 4).

When we’re hurting, we can turn to Jesus, who abounds in compassion and comfort (v. 5). There we find solace. And when we’ve experienced His comfort, we can extend it to others.

Reflect & Pray
When and how have you been comforted by God? How might you comfort others experiencing a shared trial?

God of all comfort, thank You for giving me solace, and please help me to share it with others.
Comfort of God





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BE TRULY ROOTED
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE TRULY ROOTED

You can overcome the attacks of the devil if you can simply obey God's Word. Before taking on the devil, be sure of your salvation because the salvation of many today is questionable. Many are pretenders and have really never answered the altar call for salvation at any time. At the time they should be answering...More
YOUR FIRST LOVE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, February 5, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

YOUR FIRST LOVE

As a Christian, your heart ought to be aglow with genuine love for Christ, unless you are not genuinely saved as a result of having not truly repented from your sins even though you have confessed Jesus. At the new birth experience, the Holy Spirit regenerates our spirit and fills it with deep and pure love for...More
The wall of snow
The Good Seed
for Thursday, January 6, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The wall of snow


Nahum 1:7

The wall of snow

At the beginning of January 1814, the Swedish crown prince Carl Johann Bernadotte and his allies were bearing Schleswig during the winter campaign against the Danes. The inhabitants of the city feared the worst, particularly from the brutal...More
Imitation or Genuine?
Daily Devotionals
for Wednesday, November 18, 2021
by Inspiration Ministries

Imitation or Genuine?

"All the prophets were prophesying before them. Then Zedekiah said, 'This is what the LORD says' All the prophets were prophesying this as well." - 1 Kings 22:10-12 NASB

Zedekiah understood what it meant to be a prophet. He knew the vocabulary and how to deliver prophecies. In similar ways, others...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions