daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:42 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Lost but Now Found - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Lost but Now Found details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, April 21, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Lost but Now Found

Bible in a Year : 2 Samuel 12-13, Luke 16

Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.
Luke 15:9

Today's Scripture & Insight : Luke 15:8-10

When I visited Ecuador’s Amazon region with my father many years ago, we took a fun speedboat ride to a small village to take in the sights and learn about the local tribes. My dear dad bought me handmade jewelry, including a set of earrings. I only wore those earrings on special occasions, including when I went to visit my sister for my birthday. When I came back from my trip, I was horrified to discover I’d lost one of my earrings. I looked everywhere.

It was just an earring, but I’d have to travel all the way back to the Amazon jungle to replace it. Amazingly, when my sister returned to the restaurant we had visited for my birthday, she spotted my missing earring in their lost and found. I was overjoyed!

Jesus told a parable about a woman who’d lost her silver coin. She wouldn’t rest while her valuable coin was missing. “Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?” Jesus asked (Luke 15:8). And when she found her coin, she greatly rejoiced (v. 9).

Jesus told this story to demonstrate how precious we are to God. He “came to seek and to save” those who are lost (19:10). Although we were once lost, heaven rejoiced when we were found.

By: Nancy Gavilanes

Reflect & Pray
How does it feel to know you’re precious to God? How does it feel to know heaven rejoices when we’re found?

Dear God, thank You for searching for me.
Lost but Now Found





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HOW PERSUADED?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PERSUADED?

In 2 Timothy 4:10, Demas - a co-labourer with Paul was floored by his love for the world. He became a victim of comfort. Today, many people are also becoming prayerless and shifting their or trust from God to uncertain riches. They are now tending towards the belief that money can fix everything. If you are in such...More
A LESSON FROM GOLIATH
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 21, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LESSON FROM GOLIATH

At the first sight of David, Goliath despised him. He was amazed that the children of Israel could find no other man to fight him than a young boy. As if that was not enough, Goliath did not see any conventional weapon of war on David. So he asked, "Am I a dog?" The first lesson we have to learn from this story as...More
Always Be Humble
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 31, 2016
by Bob and Debby Gass

Always Be Humble

Who am Ithat you have brought me this far?' 2 Samuel 7:18 (NIV 2011 Edition)
A MEMBER of parliament took his little daughter to visit Westminster Abbey. As she stood looking up at its magnificent columns, her father asked, What do you think, sweetheart?' With childlike candour she replied, I was...More
Forgive And Move On (2)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, August 12, 2020
by Bob and Debby Gass

Forgive And Move On (2)

Anyone who starts ploughing and keeps looking back isn't worth a thing to God's Kingdom!' Luke 9:62 CEV

If you're wise, you'll do four things:

(1) Focus on the road ahead. By looking in the rear-view mirror instead of what's up ahead, you'll end up in a ditch. Focus on the fact you've...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions