daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 10:09 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Imitating God’s Forgiveness - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Imitating God’s Forgiveness details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, May 30, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Imitating God’s Forgiveness

Bible in a Year : 2 Chronicles 10-12, John 11:30-57

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

Today's Scripture & Insight : Ephesians 4:25-32

I used to work with a woman named Madge, who was an amazing cook. “You should taste my pea and ham soup!” she said one day. After replying that I really didn’t like peas, Madge smiled and said, “You will after you try my soup.” The next day she handed me a container of her soup, made especially for me.

“Did you try my soup?” Madge asked me a couple of days later. “I will—soon!” I said, hoping she wouldn’t ask me again. But she did—the next day, and the next. “Don’t leave it too long or it’ll spoil,” she added on the fourth day.

A week later, Madge’s uneaten soup had spoiled, and I threw it away. I felt dread as she approached me. “You did try my soup, didn’t you?” she asked.

“Yes,” I said. “It was . . . delicious.”

In Ephesians 4, Paul calls us to deal with speech-related sins like angry words (v. 26), unwholesome talk (v. 29), and slander (v. 31). But before these comes a more basic call to “speak truthfully to your neighbor” (v. 25). I had looked at Madge and told her a lie. I knew what I needed to do.

I walked into Madge’s office, confessed my lie, and sheepishly asked for her forgiveness. Madge walked to me and gave me a hug. “Of course I forgive you,” she said. “How could I not, when I know how much God’s forgiven me?”

By: Sheridan Voysey

Reflect & Pray
How many sinful words or actions has God forgiven you for? How can that reminder help you forgive someone today, with the Holy Spirit’s strength?

Forgiving God, please enable me to forgive others.
Imitating God’s Forgiveness





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


OFFENDED IN CHRIST?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 3, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OFFENDED IN CHRIST?

The Christian race must be run with lots of patience or else it will be bungled midway. If you are inpatient with Gods timing, you will not only get into trouble but may not be able to finish the race. A good number of backsliders derailed from their heavenly track because of impatience. In Matthew 11:6 Jesus...More
Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 9, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And he sat at the tent-door in the heat of the day. And he lifted up his eyes and saw, and behold, three men standing near him.
(Genesis 18:1)

The spiritual elevation of Abraham in Genesis 18 and 19 is something very peculiar. He seems...More
THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY

Yesterday we learnt it is not right for us to get angry with God or to take offence against Him, even if we experience the deferment of our hopes. The example of John the Baptist who earlier acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, but later doubted Him because of his painful experience of incarceration is a warning...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions