daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 4:46 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Extending God’s Care - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Extending God’s Care details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, May 31, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Extending God’s Care

Bible in a Year : 2 Chronicles 13-14, John 12:1-26

If only my master would see the prophet who is in Samaria!
2 Kings 5:3

Today's Scripture & Insight : 2 Kings 5:1-3, 9-11, 13-14

As a teenager, I had a strained relationship with my churchmate Lisa, so I was dismayed to learn we’d be roommates at our youth summer camp. The week at camp passed smoothly, though, with both of us being civil.

The most anticipated event was a bonfire gathering at the end of the week. On that evening, however, I had a fever. I went to bed early, but I could hear the laughter and music outside. An hour later, I was startled by Lisa, who was taking my temperature. “I’m not joining them at the bonfire,” she said. “You’re sick. I need to stay with you.” Lisa could’ve stayed uninvolved, but she chose to care for me, which lifted my spirits.

We see another example of someone who cared in the story of Naaman. The commander of the Syrian army, Naaman had an Israelite servant girl who’d been taken captive and now “served Naaman’s wife” (2 Kings 5:2). Separated from family and forced to servitude, the girl could’ve chosen to not help her master, who had leprosy. But her faith moved her to help: “She said to her mistress, ‘If only my master would see the prophet who is in Samaria! He would cure him’ ” (v. 3). And God did, in fact, use the prophet Elisha to heal Naaman (vv. 8-14).

Lisa and the Israelite girl chose to help, and God worked through them. Let’s ask God to show us who we can extend His care to and give us the wisdom how.

By: Karen Huang

Reflect & Pray
Why might you resist helping others? How can helping others allow them to see God’s care for them?

Dear God, I’ve experienced so much help from You. Please use me to help others.
Extending God’s Care





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothingLove never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:2, 8)
About 60 years ago a new medical graduate, a Muslim, walked into the room of a Christian colleague and saw a small open book on his bed. He asked if he could read it, and after...More
CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
SATAN INTIMIDATES
Open Heavens
for Thursday, July 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SATAN INTIMIDATES

When Goliath came to the battlefield, he took the form of a big problem but he later became a big opportunity. He came as a mighty obstacle but turned into a mighty door of opportunity when God stepped in. Every giant who stands in your way this season shall become a door to your breakthrough in Jesus' Name. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions