daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:27 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


GENTLE WITNESS - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

GENTLE WITNESS details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, March 24, 2016
  by RBC Ministries
Details
GENTLE WITNESS

READ:


But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
-Acts 1:8

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 16-18
Luke 2:1-24

Years ago, I was hospitalised following a life-threatening 38-foot fall from a bridge. While I was there, the wife of the man in the next bed stopped to speak to me. "My husband just told me what happened to you," she said. "We believe God spared your life because He wants to use you. We've been praying for you."
I was stunned. I had grown up going to church, but I had never imagined that God would want to be involved in my life. Her words pointed me to a Saviour I had heard of but did not know - and marked the beginning of my coming to Christ. I cherish the memory of those words from a gentle witness who cared enough to say something to a stranger about the God whose love is real. Her words conveyed care and concern, and offered purpose and promise.
Jesus challenged His disciples - and us - to tell others about the love of God: "You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
Through the Holy Spirit, our words and witness can have the power to make an eternal difference in the lives of others. - Bill Crowder
I love to tell the story of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love,
I love to tell the story, because I know 'tis true;
It satisfies my longings as nothing else can do. - Hankey


A caring word can accomplish more than we could ever imagine.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...


I am come from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of Him that has sent Me.
(John 6:38)

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence. The moment we get off the ground of dependence on God we are sure to come to grief. This is true both individually...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 7, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)

The Lordsaid to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth." '
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV


The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped and said, No problem, Lord, I can handle that,' He wouldn't call you at all. You say, but I've made so many...More
CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN
Our Daily Manna
for Saturday, August 15, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN

Be reminded that evidence from the cockpit voice recorder suggests that Mr. Andreas Lubitz, 27, the killer co-pilot of GERMAN WINGS FLIGHT 9525 locked the cock pit door when Capt Patrick Sondenheimer, 34, also of Dusseldorf city, left for a toilet break and used controls to override the entry code, crashing the plane...More
CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, August 13, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY

Read:
declared that He came to set the captives...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions