| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 12:42 PM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
YOU’VE GOT A FRIEND - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
YOU’VE GOT A FRIEND READ: Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. -John 15:15 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 16-18 Luke 7:1-30 One of the ironic consequences of the sweeping growth of social media is that we often find ourselves more personally isolated. One online article warns: "Those who oppose leading one's life primarily or exclusively online claim that virtual friends are not adequate substitutes for real-world friends, and individuals who substitute virtual friends for physical friends become even lonelier and more depressive than before." Technology aside, all of us battle with seasons of loneliness, wondering if anyone knows, understands, or cares about the burdens we carry or the struggles we face. But followers of Christ have an assurance that brings comfort to our weary hearts. The comforting presence of the Saviour is promised in words that are undeniable, for the psalmist David wrote, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4). Whether isolated by our own choices, by the cultural trends that surround us, or by the painful losses of life, all who know Christ can rest in the presence of the Shepherd of our hearts. What a friend we have in Jesus! - Bill Crowder I've found a Friend; O such a Friend! He loved me ere I knew Him; He drew me with the cords of love, And thus He bound me to Him. - Small Those who know Jesus as their Friend are never alone. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
Open Heavens for Thursday, December 12, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye WAIT ON THE SPIRIT In Bible in one year: Job 18-20 Action point: Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More |
Open Heavens for Thursday, January 2, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye BORN FOR A PURPOSE One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More |
Open Heavens for Friday, March 20, 2015 by Pastor E.A Adeboye SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again Bible in one year: Daniel 11-12 Matthew 5:21-42 Prayer Point: Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users: John 17:13-19 13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More |
Open Heavens for Saturday, June 26, 2016 by Pastor E.A Adeboye JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST Read: Bible in one year: Acts 8 Songs of Solomon 1:11-17 Hymn: Sing hymn 12 As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |