| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 11:53 AM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
PACE YOURSELF - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
PACE YOURSELF READ: And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. -Mark 6:31 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 25-27 John 9:1-23 Not long ago, I developed a physical problem. My left shoulder and arm were aching. I had a painful rash on my forearm and thumb, and I struggled daily with fatigue. When I finally went to the doctor, I learned that I had a case of shingles. The doctor put him on antiviral medication and said it would take several weeks for the disease to run its course. Because of this illness, I had to force myself into a new routine. A short nap in the morning and one in the afternoon were necessary to give me the strength to be productive. Until I recovered, I had to learn to pace myself. At one point when Jesus sent His representatives out to teach in His Name, they were so excited with all they were doing that they neglected to take time to eat and rest properly. When they returned, Christ told them: "Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while" (Mark 6:31). Everyone needs rest, and if we go too long without it, we will suffer physically and emotionally. We also will be unable to carry out our responsibilities as well as we should. Is the Lord encouraging you to "come aside and rest a while"? Sometimes a few more rest stops with Him may be necessary. - Dennis Fisher I come aside from the world of strife, With its burdens, trials, and the cares of life To a beautiful, quiet, restful place Where I commune with my Jesus face to face. - Brandt To avoid a breakdown, take a break for rest and prayer. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
Open Heavens for Wednesday, December 18, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye SUBSTITUTION Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says, "The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. " At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More |
The Word for today for Friday, January 24, 2014 by Bob and Debby Gass Get Ready To Move (1) Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give' Joshua 1:2 NIV God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More |
Our Daily Bread for Monday, March 21, 2016 by RBC Ministries MISTAKEN IDENTITY READ: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? -Matthew 16:15 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 7-9 Luke 1:21-38 My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More |
The Word for today for Wednesday, January 21, 2021 by Bob and Debby Gass You Are Gifted By God (1) The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God. SoulFood: Is...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |