| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 11:55 AM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
KANGAROOS AND EMUS - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
KANGAROOS AND EMUS READ: Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 3:13-14 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 15-16 John 12:27-50 Two of Australia's indigenous creatures, kangaroos and emus, have something in common - they seldom move backward. Kangaroos, because of the shape of their body and the length of their strong tail, can bounce along with forward movement, but they can shift easily into reverse. Emus can run fast on their strong legs, but the joints in their knees seem to make backward movement difficult. Both animals appear on Australia's coat of arms as a symbol that the nation is to be ever moving forward and making progress. The apostle Paul called for a similar approach to the life of faith in his letter to the Philippians: "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those which are ahead, I press towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (3:13-14). While it is wise to learn from the past, we shouldn't live in the past. We cannot redo or undo the past, but by God's grace, we can press forward and serve God faithfully today and in the future. The life of faith is a journey forward as we become like Christ. - Bill Crowder I'm pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining every day; Still praying as I'm onward bound, "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground." - Oatman I will go anywhere - provided it is forward. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
Open Heavens for Sunday, December 8, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye OF KEYS AND DOORS Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More |
The LORD is near for Saturday, December 21, 2013 by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More |
Open Heavens for Friday, May 16, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS Within the space of a few years after the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, the gospel about Him had reached Rome, Alexandria, Antioch and all the great cities in Europe, Africa and Asia. The gospel had made great inroads into the aristocracy and among intellectuals, and had already changed the lives...More |
The Good Seed for Sunday, August 30, 2015 by GBV Dillenburg GmbH August 30, 2015 Today's reading: Isaiah ch. 66 Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. ...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |