| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 10:32 AM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
A SANCTUARY - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
A SANCTUARY READ: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. -Matthew 11:28 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 39-40 Colossians 4 Entering a church in Klang, Malaysia, I was intrigued by the sign welcoming us into the building. It declared the place to be "A Sanctuary for the Heavy Laden." Few things better reflect the heart of Christ than for His church to be a place where burdens are lifted and the weary find rest. This was vital in Jesus' ministry, for He said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28). Jesus promised to take our burdens and exchange them for His light load. "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (vv.29-30). This promise is backed by His great strength. Whatever burdens we may carry, in Christ we find the strong shoulders of the Son of God, who promises to take our heavy burdens and exchange them for His light load. Christ, who loves us with an everlasting love, understands our struggles, and can be trusted to provide us with a rest we can never on our own. His strength is enough for our weakness, making Him our "sanctuary for the heavy laden." - Bill Crowder "Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear, And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears. - Martin God calls the restless ones to find their rest in Him. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
Open Heavens for Friday, December 27, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye HE SENDS ON ERRANDS God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More |
Open Heavens for Sunday, March 9, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More |
Our Daily Bread for Tuesday, July 3, 2019 by RBC Ministries Honest to God Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12 Psalm 32:5 Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18 My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More |
The Good Seed for Tuesday, August 30, 2023 by GBV Dillenburg GmbH The first thing mentioned in this verse is... They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Acts 2:42. The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |