daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 9:44 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


CLEAN THE CLOSET - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

CLEAN THE CLOSET details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, October 23, 2016
  by RBC Ministries
Details
CLEAN THE CLOSET

READ:


Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
-Psalm 139:23

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 1-2
1 Timothy 3

To this day, I can still hear my mother telling me to go and clean up my room. Dutifully, I would go to my room to start the process, only to get distracted by reading the comic book that I was supposed to put neatly in the stack. But soon the distraction was interrupted by my mother warning that she would be up in 5 minutes to inspect the room. Unable to effectively clean the room in that time, I would proceed to hide everything I didn't know what to do with in the closet, make the bed, and then wait for her to come in - hoping that she wouldn't look in the closet.
This reminds me of what many of us do with our lives. We clean up the outside of our lives hoping that no one will look into the "closet" where we have hidden our sins by rationalisation and excuses and by blaming others for our own faults.
The problem is that while looking good on the outside, we remain well aware of the mess on the inside. The psalmist encourages us to submit to the cleansing inspection of God: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). Let's invite Him to inspect and cleanse every corner of our lives. - Joe Stowell
Lord, forgive me for looking good on the outside while attempting to hide my faults and failings. I desire for You to cleanse my life so that I may walk with You in full integrity.

We can own up to our wrongs - because we can't hide them from God anyway.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...


I am come from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of Him that has sent Me.
(John 6:38)

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence. The moment we get off the ground of dependence on God we are sure to come to grief. This is true both individually...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 7, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)

The Lordsaid to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth." '
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV


The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped and said, No problem, Lord, I can handle that,' He wouldn't call you at all. You say, but I've made so many...More
CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN
Our Daily Manna
for Saturday, August 15, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN

Be reminded that evidence from the cockpit voice recorder suggests that Mr. Andreas Lubitz, 27, the killer co-pilot of GERMAN WINGS FLIGHT 9525 locked the cock pit door when Capt Patrick Sondenheimer, 34, also of Dusseldorf city, left for a toilet break and used controls to override the entry code, crashing the plane...More
CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, August 13, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY

Read:
declared that He came to set the captives...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions