daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 9:43 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


LESS THAN THE LEAST - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

LESS THAN THE LEAST details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, November 5, 2016
  by RBC Ministries
Details
LESS THAN THE LEAST

READ:


I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast showed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.
-Genesis 32:10

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 34-36
Hebrews 2

Unlike those who think highly of themselves, Jacob knew that he had been ruined by sin (Genesis 32:10). He thought himself a man unworthy of God's grace. He had cheated his brother Esau out of his birthright (ch.27), and his brother hated him for it. Now, years later, Jacob was going to face Esau again.
"I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies," Jacob prayed, using a word for "least" that suggests the tiniest object. "Deliver me, I pray" (32:10-11).
How odd to see those phrases side by side: I am unworthy of Your merciesDeliver me! Yet Jacob could pray for mercy because his hope lay not in his own worth, but in God's promise to look with favour on those who throw themselves at His feet. Humility and contrition are the keys that open the heart of God. Someone has said that the best disposition for praying is being stripped of everything. It is crying out of the depths. It comes from the soul that knows its deep depravity.
Such prayers are offered by those who are thoroughly convicted of their sin and shame, but, at the same time, are convinced of God's grace that goes out to undeserving sinners. God hears those who cry out: "God, be merciful to me a sinner!" (Luke 18:13). - David Roper
Lord, I am like Jacob, in need of Your mercy.
I have failed You, and I bow at Your feet today. Thank You for being a merciful God, ready and able to forgive and restore me.

It is fitting for a great God to forgive great sinners.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Seek God - Not Things!
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Seek God - Not Things!

The Lordgives you the ability to produce wealth'
Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
God holds back no good from those who do what is right' (Psalm 84:11 NLT). But it's important to acknowledge Him as the source of all your blessings. And on this one, we all fall short! Let's face it, more isn't always better. In fact,...More
DRESS IT AND KEEP IT
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 8, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DRESS IT AND KEEP IT

Read:
. To keep the land which the Lord has given us to inhabit, we must obey Him and live according to His Word. When we do this, our land will be free from evil and it will yield great increase for our pleasure (Deuteronomy 28). I encourage you reading this devotional to give your life to Jesus Christ...More
Beat Again
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, June 26, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Beat Again

Bible in a Year: Job 5-7, Acts...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions