| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 9:45 AM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
GOD WHISPERS “FISH†- All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
GOD WHISPERS “FISH†READ: And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. -Luke 5:10 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 27-29 1 Peter 3 A number of years ago, our sons and I enjoyed some days together drifting and fishing the Madison River in Montana with two fishing guides who also served as our boatmen. The guide I drew was a man who had lived on the river all his life and knew where the big trout held. He was a quiet man who spoke scarcely two dozen words in all the time he was with us, but his few words enlivened my days. We were fishing with small flies in choppy water. My eyesight was not what it once was, and I was missing most of the takes. My guide - who was also a soul of patience - began to alert me to by murmuring "fish" when he saw a trout rising under the fly. When I heard his cue, I lifted the tip of my rod and voila! A trout on the end of my line! I've often thought of that guide and Jesus' declaration to His fishermen - disciples, "From now on you will catch men" (Luke 5:10). There are great opportunities that come our way every day - people circling around us, searching for that elusive "something" for which their souls crave - occasions to show the love of Christ and speak of the hope that is in us. These are opportunities we might miss if not alerted. May the Great Angler, who knows every heart, whisper "fish" in our ears and may we have ears to hear. - David Roper All through this day, O Lord, let me touch as many lives as possible for You - through the words I speak, the prayers I breathe, the letters I write, and the life I live. When the Spirit prompts, take action. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
The LORD is near for Tuesday, December 3, 2013 by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD (2) He exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord. (Acts 11:23) A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD (2) Observe, they are exhorted with purpose of heart to cleave to the Lord. A distracted heart is the bane of a Christian. When my heart is filled with Christ, I...More |
Open Heavens for Wednesday, December 11, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye WAYS OF DELIVERANCE In Bible in one year: Job 14-17 Action...More |
The LORD is near for Wednesday, December 25, 2013 by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense "Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11) When Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and when the tidings reached the guilty tyrant who sat upon the Jewish throne, he "was troubled and all Jerusalem with him." The men of the city had...More |
Open Heavens for Tuesday, April 8, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye THE BREVITY OF TIME How recklessly this age speeds to self destruction! The word of God is accurate and authentic in its prediction of the latter end of the world and in warning His saints of the end times, so that they are not overtaken by the prevalence of evil in this age! In virtually every facet of life, there is an overturning...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |