daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 8:44 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Promises, Promises - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Promises, Promises details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, January 21, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Promises, Promises

Read: 2 Peter 1:1-9 | Bible in a Year: Exodus 1-3; Matthew 14:1-21

He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature.
2 Peter 1:4

My youngest daughter and I have a game we call "Pinchers." When she goes up the stairs, I'll chase her and try to give her a little pinch. The rules are that I can only pinch her (gently, of course!) when she's on the stairs. Once she's at the top, she's safe. Sometimes, though, she's not in the mood to play. And if I follow her up the stairs, she'll sternly say, "No pinchers!" I'll respond, "No pinchers. I promise."

Now, that promise may seem a little thing. But when I do what I say, my daughter begins to understand something of my character. She experiences my consistency. She knows my word is good, that she can trust me. It's a little thing, keeping such a promise. But promises—or, keeping them, I should say—are the glue of relationships. They lay a foundation of love and trust.

God's Word to us reveals His heart toward us.

I think that's what Peter meant when he wrote that God's promises enable us to "participate in the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). When we take God at His Word, trusting what He says about Himself and about us, we encounter His heart toward us. It gives Him an opportunity to reveal His faithfulness as we rest in what He says is true. I'm thankful Scripture brims with His promises, these concrete reminders that "his compassions never fail. They are new every morning" (Lamentations 3:22-23).

Lord, thank You so much for Your "great and precious promises." Help us to recognize and to rest in what You say is true, that we might fully experience Your tender goodness.

God's Word to us reveals His heart toward us.

By Adam Holz





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions