daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 7:43 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Of Spiders and God’s Presence - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Of Spiders and God’s Presence   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, February 21, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Of Spiders and God’s Presence

Read: Ephesians 3:14-19 | Bible in a Year: Numbers 1-3; Mark 3

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.
Ephesians 3:16

Spiders. I don't know any kid who likes them. At least not in their rooms . . . at bedtime. But as she was getting ready for bed, my daughter spied one dangerously close to her bed. "Daaaad!!!!! Spiiiderrr!!!!!" she hollered. Despite my determination, I couldn't find the eight-legged interloper. "He's not going to hurt you," I reassured her. She wasn't convinced. It wasn't until I told her I'd stay next to her top bunk and stand guard that she agreed to get in bed.

As my daughter settled in, I held her hand. I told her, "I love you so much. I'm right here. But you know what? God loves you even more than Daddy and Mommy. And He's very close. You can always pray to Him when you're scared." That seemed to comfort her, and peaceful sleep came quickly.

Lord, thank You for always being close by.


Scripture repeatedly reassures us God is always near (Psalm 145:18; Romans 8:38-39; James 4:7-8), but sometimes we struggle to believe it. Perhaps that's why Paul prayed for the believers in Ephesus to have strength and power to grasp that truth (Ephesians 3:16). He knew that when we're frightened, we can lose track of God's proximity. But just as I lovingly held my daughter as she went to sleep that night, so our loving heavenly Father is always as close to us as a prayer.

Lord, thank You for always being close by. Please give us strength and power in our hearts to remember You are near, You love us deeply, and we can always call out to You.

God is always near in spite of our fears.


By Adam Holz





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Seek God - Not Things!
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Seek God - Not Things!

The Lordgives you the ability to produce wealth'
Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
God holds back no good from those who do what is right' (Psalm 84:11 NLT). But it's important to acknowledge Him as the source of all your blessings. And on this one, we all fall short! Let's face it, more isn't always better. In fact,...More
DRESS IT AND KEEP IT
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 8, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DRESS IT AND KEEP IT

Read:
. To keep the land which the Lord has given us to inhabit, we must obey Him and live according to His Word. When we do this, our land will be free from evil and it will yield great increase for our pleasure (Deuteronomy 28). I encourage you reading this devotional to give your life to Jesus Christ...More
Beat Again
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, June 26, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Beat Again

Bible in a Year: Job 5-7, Acts...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions