daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 6:26 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Comfort Shared - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Comfort Shared details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, April 6, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Comfort Shared

Read: 2 Corinthians 1:1-10 | Bible in a Year: 1 Samuel 4-6; Luke 9:1-17

Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.
John 20:21

"God sent you to me tonight!"

Those were the parting words from the woman standing in front of me as we exited our flight to Chicago. She had sat across the aisle from me, where I learned she was headed home after several flights in a round-trip that day. "Do you mind if I ask why you had such a quick turnaround?" I inquired. She glanced downward: "I just put my daughter in rehab for drug abuse today."

I praise You for Your compassion for us at the cross, Lord!

In the moments that followed I gently shared the story of my son's struggle with heroin addiction and how Jesus had set him free. As she listened, a smile broke through her tears. After the plane landed we prayed together before parting, asking God to break her daughter's chains.

Later that evening I thought of Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4: "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."

All around us are people who need to be encouraged with the comfort only God can give. He wants us to reach out to them with tenderhearted compassion, to share the love He has shared with us. May God send us to those who need His comfort today!

I praise You for Your compassion for us at the cross, Lord! Help me to comfort others with Your kindness and love today.

God's kindness meets our deepest need.

By James Banks





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (1)
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (1)


One of themselves, a prophet of their own, has said, Cretans are always liarsThis testimony is true; for which cause rebuke them severely, that they may be sound in the faith.
(Titus 1:12-13)


THE NON-LYING GOD (1)
Have you ever thought about one word or phrase for an entire...More
Welcoming Strangers
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, March 9, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Welcoming Strangers

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 8-10; Mark 11:19-33


Deuteronomy 10:19

Today's Scripture & Insight: Deuteronomy 10:12-19

When my friends lived in Moldova, one of the poorest countries in Europe, they were overwhelmed by the warm welcome they received there,...More
Today God is calling you (3)
The Word for today
for Sunday, June 5, 2023
by Bob and Debby Gass

Today God is calling you (3)

I have prayed for you, that your faith will not fail.' Luke 22:32 NASB

God wants you to do His will, but you'll never reach the place of spiritual maturity in which you're free of Satan. You can overcome him, but you can't eliminate him. Look at Peter. He had only one gear: overdrive. He was always...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions