daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 6:27 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Learning to Know God - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Learning to Know God   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, April 17, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Learning to Know God

Read: John 6:16-21 | Bible in a Year: 2 Samuel 1-2; Luke 14:1-24

But he said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid."
John 6:20

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a mother. I dreamed about getting married, getting pregnant, and holding my baby in my arms for the first time. When I finally got married, my husband and I never even considered waiting to expand our family. But with each negative pregnancy test, we realized we were struggling with infertility. Months of doctors' visits, tests, and tears followed. We were in the middle of a storm. Infertility was a bitter pill to swallow and left me wondering about God's goodness and faithfulness.

When I reflect on our journey, I think about the story of the disciples caught in the storm on the sea in John 6. As they struggled against the waves in the dark of the storm, Jesus unexpectedly came to them walking on the stormy waves. He calmed them with His presence, saying, "It is I; don't be afraid" (v. 20).

What fears do you need to place in the all-powerful hands of Jesus?

Like the disciples, my husband and I had no idea what was coming in our storm; but we found comfort as we learned to know God more deeply as the One who is always faithful and true. Although we would not have the child we had dreamed of, we learned that in all our struggles we can experience the power of His calming presence. Because He is there powerfully working in our lives, we need not be anxious.

Dear Lord, thank You that I do not have to face the storms in this life without You. Thank You for Your calming presence and power carrying me through whatever I face.

We can experience God's powerful presence even in the storms of our lives.

By Karen Wolfe





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
HOLINESS & VICTORIOUS LIVING
Open Heavens
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOLINESS & VICTORIOUS LIVING

Once you are living a holy life, it's going to be well with you. You will be able to abide under the shadow of the Almighty God. No harm will come near you because the Almighty God will cover you with His wings according to

Bible in one year:
Colossians 1-4
Psalm 19:1-6

Action...More
HIS PRESENCE, OUR BLESSING
Open Heavens
for Friday, September 12, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HIS PRESENCE, OUR BLESSING

There are many blessings in the presence of God. This is the key to drawing multitudes to the Lord through His presence in your life. When people notice that God is mightily present in your life, they will seek Him through you. It is not about making noise; it is about the visible and verifiable workings of God....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions