daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 6:30 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Change in Perspective - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Change in Perspective   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, May 3, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Change in Perspective

Read: Psalm 73:12-28 | Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 14-15; Luke 22:21-46

It troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God.
Psalm 73:16-17

My hometown had experienced its heaviest winter in thirty years. My muscles ached from hours of shoveling the unrelenting snow. When I stepped inside after what felt like a fruitless effort, weary as I kicked off my boots, I was greeted by the warmth of a fire and my children gathered around it. As I gazed out the window from the shelter of my home, my perspective of the weather shifted completely. Instead of seeing more work to do, I savored the beauty of frosted tree branches and the way the snow blanketed the colorless landscape of winter.

I see a similar, but much more poignant, shift in Asaph when I read his words in Psalm 73. In the beginning, he laments the way the world seems to work, how wrongs seem to be rewarded. He doubts the value of being different than the crowd and living for the good of others (v. 13). But when he enters the sanctuary of God, his outlook changes (vv. 16-17): he remembers that God will deal with the world and its troubles perfectly and, more importantly, that it is good to be with God (v. 28).

When we're chilled by the seemingly ceaseless problems in our world, we can enter God's sanctuary in prayer and be warmed through by the life-altering, perspective-changing truth that His judgment is better than ours. Though our circumstances may not change, our perspective can.

Lord, I admit I quickly become frustrated with the way things appear. Help me to see the way You do.

God gives us the right perspective.

By Kirsten Holmberg





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Now before the feast of the Passover...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 1, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Now before the feast of the Passover...

Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end
(John 13:1)

The opening verse of chapter 13 is introductory to the last discourses of our Lord. The...More
UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions