daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:54 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Lonely Christmas - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Lonely Christmas   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, December 6, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Lonely Christmas

Read: Psalm 25:14-22 | Bible in a Year: Daniel 3-4; 1 John 5

My eyes are ever on the Lord.
Psalm 25:15

The loneliest Christmas I ever spent was in my grandfather's cottage near Sakogu, northern Ghana. I was just fifteen, and my parents and siblings were a thousand kilometers away. In previous years, when I'd been with them and my village friends, Christmas was always big and memorable. But this Christmas was quiet and lonely. As I lay on my floor mat early Christmas morning, I remembered a local song: The year has ended; Christmas has come; the Son of God is born; peace and joy to everybody. Mournfully, I sang it over and over.

My grandmother came and asked, "What song is that?" My grandparents didn't know about Christmas—or about Christ. So I shared what I knew about Christmas with them. Those moments brightened my loneliness.

Alone in the fields with only sheep and occasional predators, the shepherd boy David experienced loneliness. It would not be the only time. Later in his life he wrote, "I am lonely and afflicted" (Psalm 25:16). But David didn't allow loneliness to cause him to be despondent. Instead, he sang: "My hope, Lord, is in you" (v. 21).

From time to time we all face loneliness. Wherever Christmas may find you this year, in loneliness or in companionship, you can enjoy the season with Christ.

Lord, thank You that with You I'm not alone even in my times of loneliness. This Christmas, help me to enjoy my fellowship with You and to reach out to others.

With Jesus at Christmas, we're never alone.

By Lawrence Darmani





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SEEK WHAT SATISFIES
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 29, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SEEK WHAT SATISFIES

...More
NEW LIFE IN CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

NEW LIFE IN CHRIST

There is a nature that is of the Earth and there is a nature that is of Heaven. Since the fall of man, the earthly nature of man has become corrupted and therefore is greatly under the influence of the kingdom of Satan. Characteristic features of this nature are: wickedness, moral perversion - sodomy and all sorts of...More
HEAVENLY PERSPECTIVE
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, January 17, 2016
by RBC Ministries

HEAVENLY PERSPECTIVE

READ:


While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
-2 Corinthians 4:18

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Genesis 41-42
Matthew...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions