daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:54 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Steadfast Love - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Steadfast Love   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, December 9, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Steadfast Love

Read: Psalm 136:1-9 | Bible in a Year: Daniel 11-12; Jude

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1

"I love you!" my dad called out as I slammed the car door and headed into school. I was in sixth grade, and for months we had played out basically the same scenario every morning. We arrived at school, Dad said, "Have a great day! I love you!" and all I said was "Bye." I wasn't angry with him or ignoring him. I was simply so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice his words. Nevertheless, my dad's love remained steadfast.

God's love is like that—and more. It endures forever. The Hebrew word that expresses this steadfast kind of love is hesed. It's used over and over again in the Old Testament, and twenty-six times in Psalm 136 alone! No modern word can fully capture the meaning; we translate it "kindness," "loving-kindness," "mercy," or "loyalty." Hesed is a love that is based on covenant commitment; love that is loyal and faithful. Even when God's people sinned, He was faithful in loving them. Steadfast love is an integral part of the character of God (Exodus 34:6).

When I was a child, I sometimes took my dad's love for granted. Sometimes now I do the same thing with my heavenly Father's love. I forget to listen to God and respond. I forget to be grateful. Yet I know that God's love for me remains steadfast—a reality that provides a sure foundation for all of my life.

God, we praise You for Your steadfast love to us! Even when we're faithless, You're faithful.

Take time to show the love of God to someone today.

By Amy Peterson





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


OF KEYS AND DOORS
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 8, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OF KEYS AND DOORS

Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More
Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS
Open Heavens
for Friday, May 16, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS

Within the space of a few years after the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, the gospel about Him had reached Rome, Alexandria, Antioch and all the great cities in Europe, Africa and Asia. The gospel had made great inroads into the aristocracy and among intellectuals, and had already changed the lives...More
August 30, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, August 30, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

August 30, 2015

Today's reading: Isaiah ch. 66

Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. ...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions