daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:00 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The “No-Secret” Secret - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The “No-Secret” Secret   details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, December 12, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The “No-Secret” Secret

Read: Romans 7:14-25 | Bible in a Year: Hosea 9-11; Revelation 3

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Romans 7:15

A coworker confessed to me that he didn't think he was "Jesus material." I listened as he described what he called his "comfortable, narcissistic" life, and how it didn't satisfy him. "But here's my problem, I've been trying to be good, even caring, but it isn't working. It seems that the very things I want to do, I can't do, and the things I want to stop doing, I just keep doing."

"What's your secret?" he asked me in complete sincerity. "My secret," I answered, "is that there is no secret. I'm as powerless to live up to God's standards as you are, which is why we need Jesus."

I pulled out a Bible and showed him "his" quote as the apostle Paul expressed it in Romans 7:15. Paul's words of frustration often resonate with both pre-Christians and Christians who find themselves trying to be good enough to deserve God but falling short. Maybe it resonates with you. If so, Paul's declaration that Christ is the author of our salvation and its resulting changes (7:25-8:2) should thrill you. Jesus has already done the work to free us from the very things that have us so puzzled with ourselves!

The barrier between us and God, the barrier of sin, has been removed without any work on our part. Salvation—and the changes made by the Holy Spirit in the process of our growth—is what God desires for all. He knocks on the door of our souls. Answer His knock today. It's no secret that He's the answer!

Without Jesus, salvation and spiritual growth are both gifts beyond our reach.

By Randy Kilgore





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions