daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:00 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Messenger - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Messenger    details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, December 31, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Messenger

Read: Malachi 3:1-5 | Bible in a Year: Malachi 1-4; Revelation 22

I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me.
Malachi 3:1

"I have a message for you!" A woman working at the conference I was attending handed me a piece of paper, and I wondered if I should be nervous or excited. But when I read, "You have a nephew!" I knew I could rejoice.

Messages can bring good news, bad news, or words that challenge. In the Old Testament, God used His prophets to communicate messages of hope or judgment. But when we look closely, we see that even His words of judgment were intended to lead to repentance, healing, and restoration.

Both types of messages appear in Malachi 3 when the Lord promised to send a messenger who would prepare the way for Him. John the Baptist announced the coming of the true Messenger, Jesus (see Matthew 3:11)—"the messenger of the covenant" (Malachi 3:1) who will fulfill God's promises. But He will act "like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap" (v. 2), for He will purify those who believe in His word. The Lord sent His word to cleanse His people because of His loving concern for their well-being.

God's message is one of love, hope, and freedom. He sent His Son to be a messenger who speaks our language—sometimes with messages of correction, but always those of hope. We can trust His message.

Lord Jesus Christ, help me not only to understand Your message but to live it.

Ask the Lord to help you share His good news with others in the new year.

By Amy Boucher Pye





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


VICTIM OF COMFORT?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTIM OF COMFORT?

Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can you attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert Heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
SOCIAL DEVIANTS!
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 4, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOCIAL DEVIANTS!

A Christian can be described as a little Christ. While on earth, Christ exhibited integrity in all His utterances and actions. He said His children would do greater works. Are you born-again? Are you a true child of God? With self-discipline and appropriate preparation, you can become effective in exhibiting...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions