daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:01 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Eyes Tightly Shut - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Eyes Tightly Shut    details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, January 3, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Eyes Tightly Shut

Read: Genesis 3:1-10 | Bible in a Year: Genesis 7-9; Matthew 3

They hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
Genesis 3:8

He knew he shouldn't have done it. I could clearly see he knew it was wrong: it was written all over his face! As I sat down to discuss his wrongdoing with him, my nephew quickly squeezed his eyes shut. There he sat, thinking—with three-year-old logic—that if he couldn't see me, then I must not be able to see him. And if he was invisible to me, then he could avoid the conversation (and consequences) he anticipated.

I'm so glad I could see him in that moment. While I couldn't condone his actions, and we needed to talk about it, I really didn't want anything to come between us. I wanted him to look fully into my face and see how much I love him and was eager to forgive him! In that moment, I caught a glimmer of how God might have felt when Adam and Eve broke His trust in the garden of Eden. Realizing their guilt, they tried to hide from God (Genesis 3:10), who could "see" them as plainly as I could see my nephew.

When we realize we've done something wrong, we often want to avoid the consequences. We run from it, conceal it, or close our eyes to the truth. While God will hold us accountable to His righteous standard, He sees us (and seeks us!) because He loves us and offers forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

Father, thank You for seeing me and loving me even when I do wrong.

God views us through eyes of love.

By Kirsten Holmberg





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


To you is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God;
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 7, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

To you is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God;



(Mark 4:11)

The Lord Jesus told His disciples that they would be given an understanding in "the mystery of the kingdom of God." He also spoke of another class of people to whom everything would be spoken in parables; these He described as, "them who are without." How solemn that God should...More
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.


Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(Galatians 6:1-2)


The verse above enjoins spiritual ones...More
JOSEPH KILLED BY AN EVIL BEAST?
Daily Scripture Reading
for Wednesday, August 26, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

JOSEPH KILLED BY AN EVIL BEAST?

...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions