daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 9:39 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Road Not Traveled - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Road Not Traveled details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, October 29, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Road Not Traveled

Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 18-19, 2 Timothy 3

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them.
Isaiah 42:16

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 42:10-17

People ask me if I have a five-year plan. How can I plan five years "down the road" on a road I've never traveled?

I think back to the 1960s when I was a minister to students at Stanford University. I'd been a physical education major in college and had a lot of fun, but I left no record of being a scholar. I felt wholly inadequate in my new position. Most days I wandered around the campus, a blind man groping in the darkness, asking God to show me what to do. One day a student "out of the blue" asked me to lead a Bible study in his fraternity. It was a beginning.

God doesn't stand at a juncture and point the way: He's a guide, not a signpost. He walks with us, leading us down paths we never envisioned. All we have to do is walk alongside Him.

The path won't be easy; there'll be "rough places" along the way. But God has promised that He will "turn the darkness into light" and "will not forsake" us (Isaiah 42:16). He'll be with us all the way.

Paul said that God is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20). We can scheme and envision, but our Lord's imagination far transcends our plans. We must hold them loosely and see what God has in mind.

By: David H. Roper

Reflect & Pray

In what ways has God turned your darkness into light? What have you found to be your greatest joy as you walk with Him?

Jesus, I thank You that You have plans for me far beyond my imagination. Help me follow Your lead.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


IS YOUR VISA READY?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 23, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IS YOUR VISA READY?

Speaking of aspirations and ambitions in life, if all you can achieve on earth is for your name to enter and remain in the most important book in the universe - the Book of Life, it is worth it. On the Day of Judgment, many whose names were in earth's halls of fame will be shown the way to the eternal lake of fire...More
BE STRONG
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE STRONG

You don't charge someone to be strong if there is no task to be performed or if pressure is not required, either for motion or putting up resistance against an opposing force. In the physical realm, mere movement requires strength. This explains why a sick person or a person just recovering from an ailment finds it...More
God often proves to be other than people think...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, June 10, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

God often proves to be other than people think...


Acts 5:4-5

God often proves to be other than people think. Here, for example, death struck a man suddenly for lying before God. Is God therefore severe, when he makes use of His power unreservedly towards the weak?
Let us first briefly examine what preceded this judgment. Holy zeal for the...More
Spiritual Diagnosis
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, April 29, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Spiritual Diagnosis

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 6-7, Luke...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions