daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:46 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Never Forgotten - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Never Forgotten details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, December 28, 2019
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Never Forgotten

Bible in a Year: Zechariah 5-8, Revelation 19

I will not forget you!
Isaiah 49:15

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 49:8-16

Egged on by my children to prove I'd endured years mastering the basics of piano, I sat down and started playing the C Major scale. Having played very little piano in nearly two decades, I was surprised I remembered! Feeling brave, I proceeded to play seven different scales by heart one right after the other. I was shocked! Years of practicing had imprinted the notes and technique so deeply in my fingers' "memory" that they instantly knew what to do.

There are some things that can never be forgotten. But God's love for His children is far more deeply imprinted than any of our fading memories—in fact, God can't forget them. This is what the Israelites needed to hear when the exile left them feeling abandoned by Him (Isaiah 49:14). His response through Isaiah was unequivocal: "I will not forget you!" (v. 15). God's promise to care for His people was more certain than a mother's love for her child.

To assure them of His unchanging love, He gave them a picture of His commitment: "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands" (v. 16). It's a beautiful image of God's constant awareness of His children; their names and faces always before Him.

Still today, we can easily feel overlooked and forgotten. How comforting to remember that we're "etched" on God's hands—always remembered, cared for, and loved by our Father.

By: Lisa M. Samra

Reflect & Pray
When have you felt forgotten or abandoned? In what ways has God always been present with you to remind you of His constant love?

Jesus, thank You that I'm never forgotten by You. When I feel abandoned by others, help me to remember and rest in Your never-ending, constant love.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE SACRIFICES IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS (8)
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 16, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE SACRIFICES IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS (8)


Whoever touches the body of anyone who has died, and does not purify himself That person shall be cut off from Israel. He shall be unclean, because the water of purification was not sprinkled on him.
(Numbers 19:13 NKJV)


THE SACRIFICES IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS (8)

The red...More
GOD HAS A SUBSTITUTE
Open Heavens
for Monday, January 13, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD HAS A SUBSTITUTE

One thing we need to learn in today's reading is that God always has a substitute. If God says He wants you, rejoice! However, be careful, because even as He is choosing you, He has already prepared a substitute.

Bible in one year:
2 Corinthians 10-13
Psalm 15-16

Prayer...More
BOASTING DISALLOWED
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 31, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BOASTING DISALLOWED

An individual who believes he or she is wiser than other people is proud. Proverbs 26:12 says:

Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
Psalm 49:6-7
6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
7 None of them can by any means redeem his...More
Surviving the Unbearable
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, April 6, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Surviving the Unbearable

Bible in a Year: 1 Samuel 4-6; Luke 9:1-17


Genesis 16:13

Today's Scripture & Insight: Genesis 16:7-16

The Experience Project, one of the largest online communities of the twenty-first century, was once a site where tens of millions shared deeply painful firsthand...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions