daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:05 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Mouse That Roared - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Mouse That Roared details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, February 15, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Mouse That Roared

Bible in a Year: Leviticus 17-18, Matthew 27:27-50

The one who is in [us] is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 4:4

Today's Scripture & Insight: Matthew 4:1-11

Several years ago my sons and I spent a few days camping in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness in Northern Idaho. It's grizzly bear habitat, but we carried bear spray, kept our campsites clean, and anticipated no major grizzly encounters.

One evening, in the middle of the night, I heard Randy scramble around trying to get out of his sleeping bag. I grabbed my flashlight and turned it on, expecting to see him in the clutches of an enraged grizzly.

There, sitting upright on its haunches and waving its paws in the air was a field mouse about 4 inches tall. It had Randy's cap firmly clenched in its teeth. The little creature had tugged and tugged until he pulled Randy's cap from his head. As I laughed, the mouse dropped the cap and scampered away. We crawled back into our sleeping bags. I, however, fully adrenalized, couldn't get back to sleep and thought about another predator—the devil.

Consider Satan's temptation of Jesus (Matthew 4:1-11). He countered his enticements with the Scriptures. With each answer, Jesus reminded Himself that God had spoken on this issue and therefore He wouldn't disobey. This caused the devil to flee.

Although Satan wants to devour us, it's good to remember that he's a created being like the little rodent. John said, "the one who is in [us] is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

By: David H. Roper

Reflect & Pray
What are your greatest temptations? What does God say about these issues and how might you use that when you're tempted?


Dear God, I'm grateful that You're greater than any temptation that comes at me. Please provide the way out.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BROKENNESS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 28, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BROKENNESS

In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More
DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Saturday, March 15, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE

When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More
Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life
The Word for today
for Wednesday, October 10, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV

In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More
God Is Good
Daily Devotional
for Tuesday, December 27, 2023
by Andrew Wommack Ministries

God Is Good

John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.'

JOHN 21:25
Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions