daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:21 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Every Opportunity - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Every Opportunity details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, March 12, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Every Opportunity

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 17-19, Mark 13:1-20

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.
Colossians 4:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Colossians 4:2-6

Ever caught a dragon? I hadn't until my son convinced me to download a game on my phone. Producing a digital map mirroring the real world, the game allows you to catch colorful creatures near you.

Unlike most mobile games, this one requires movement. Anywhere you go is part of the game's playing field. The result? I'm doing a lot more walking! Anytime my son and I play, we strive to maximize every opportunity to nab the critters that pop up around us.

It's easy to focus on, even obsess over, a game that's crafted to captivate users. But as I played the game, I was convicted with this question: Am I this intentional about maximizing the spiritual opportunities around me?

Paul knew the need to be alert to God's work around us. In Colossians 4, he asked for prayer for an opportunity to share the gospel (v. 3). Then he challenged, "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity" (v. 5). Paul didn't want the Colossians to miss any chance of influencing others toward Christ. But doing so would require truly seeing them and their needs, then engaging in ways "full of grace" (v. 6).

In our world, far more things vie for our time and attention than a game's imaginary dragons. But God invites us to navigate a real-world adventure, every day seeking opportunities to point to Him.

By: Adam R. Holz

Reflect & Pray
When did God use someone in an unexpected way to bring you into deeper relationship with Him? When has He used you to impact someone's life during an ordinary day?


Jesus, thank You that You're constantly at work in the people around me. Help me to make the most of every opportunity I have to demonstrate Your love and grace.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions