daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:22 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Whack-a-Mole - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Whack-a-Mole details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, March 13, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Whack-a-Mole

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 20-22, Mark 13:21-37

Godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6

Today's Scripture & Insight: Philippians 4:10-20

You might know what it's like. The bills keep arriving after a medical procedure—from the anesthesiologist, the surgeon, the lab, the facility. Jason experienced this after an emergency surgery. He complained, "We owe thousands of dollars after insurance. If only we can get these bills paid, then life will be good and I'll be content! I feel like I'm playing the arcade game Whack-a-Mole"—where plastic moles pop up from their holes, and the player hits them wildly with a mallet.

Life comes at us like that at times. The apostle Paul certainly could relate. He said, "I know what it is to be in need," yet he'd "learned the secret of being content in any and every situation" (Philippians 4:12). His secret? "I can do all this through him who gives me strength" (v. 13). When I was going through a particularly discontented time, I read this on a greeting card: "If it isn't here, where is it?" That was a powerful reminder that if I'm not content here and now, what makes me think I'd be if only I were in another situation?

How do we learn to rest in Jesus? Maybe it's a matter of focus. Of enjoying and being thankful for the good. Of learning more about a faithful Father. Of growing in trust and patience. Of recognizing that life is about God and not me. Of asking Him to teach me contentment in Him.

By: Anne Cetas

Reflect & Pray
In what areas of your life do you need to grow in contentment? How might you change your focus?


God, You are good and all You do is good. Teach me contentment in You. I want to learn.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


OF KEYS AND DOORS
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 8, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OF KEYS AND DOORS

Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More
Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS
Open Heavens
for Friday, May 16, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS

Within the space of a few years after the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, the gospel about Him had reached Rome, Alexandria, Antioch and all the great cities in Europe, Africa and Asia. The gospel had made great inroads into the aristocracy and among intellectuals, and had already changed the lives...More
August 30, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, August 30, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

August 30, 2015

Today's reading: Isaiah ch. 66

Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. ...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions