daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 5:44 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Renewed Strength - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Renewed Strength details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, July 5, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Renewed Strength

Bible in a Year: Job 30-31, Acts 13:26-52

Praise the Lord . . . who satisfies your desires with good things.
Psalm 103:1, 5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Psalm 103:1-5

Psychiatrist Robert Coles once noticed a pattern in those who burn out while serving others. The first warning sign is weariness. Next comes cynicism about things ever improving, then bitterness, despair, depression, and finally burnout.

After writing a book about recovering from broken dreams, I once entered a busy season of conference speaking. Helping people find hope after disappointment was richly rewarding, but came at a cost. One day, about to step on stage, I thought I was going to faint. I hadn't slept well, a vacation hadn't fixed my weariness, and the thought of hearing another person's problems afterward filled me with dread. I was following Coles' pattern.

Scripture gives two strategies for beating burnout. In Isaiah 40, the weary soul is renewed when it hopes in the Lord (vv. 29-31). I needed to rest in God, trusting Him to work, rather than pushing on in my own dwindling strength. And Psalm 103 says God renews us by satisfying our desires with good things (v. 5). While this includes forgiveness and redemption (vv. 3-4), provisions of joy and play come from Him too. When I reworked my schedule to include more prayer, rest, and hobbies like photography, I began to feel healthy again.

Burnout begins with weariness. Let's stop it from going further. We serve others best when our lives include both worship and rest.

By: Sheridan Voysey

Reflect & Pray
What burdens do you need to offload to God right now? How are you renewing your strength through prayer, Scripture, and healthy play?


Loving God, I want to rise in strength like the eagle today. I trust You to work in my exhausting situation, and receive Your soul-filling gifts with gladness.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Now before the feast of the Passover...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 1, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Now before the feast of the Passover...

Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end
(John 13:1)

The opening verse of chapter 13 is introductory to the last discourses of our Lord. The...More
UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions