daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 4:11 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Friendly Conversation - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Friendly Conversation details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, March 1, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Friendly Conversation

Bible in a Year: Numbers 23-25, Mark 7:14-37

[Pray for me] that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.
Ephesians 6:19

Today's Scripture & Insight: Ephesians 6:18-20

Catherine and I were good friends in high school. When we weren't talking on the phone, we were passing notes in class to plan our next sleepover. Sometimes we rode horses together and partnered on school projects.

One Sunday afternoon, I started to think about Catherine. My pastor had spoken that morning about how to have eternal life, and I knew my friend didn't believe the Bible's teachings the way I did. I felt a burden to call her and explain how she could have a relationship with Jesus. I hesitated, though, because I was afraid she would reject what I said and distance herself from me.

I think this fear keeps a lot of us quiet. Even the apostle Paul had to ask people to pray that he would "fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel" (Ephesians 6:19). There's no getting around the risk involved with sharing the good news, yet Paul said he was "an ambassador"—someone speaking on behalf of God (v. 20). We are too. If people reject our message, they're also rejecting the One who sent the message. God experiences the sting along with us.

So what compels us to speak up? We care about people, like God does (2 Peter 3:9). That's what led me to finally call Catherine. Amazingly, she didn't shut me down. She listened. She asked questions. She asked Jesus to forgive her sin and decided to live for Him. The risk was worth the reward.

By: Jennifer Benson Schuldt

Reflect & Pray
Whom might God want you to speak to on His behalf? What's stopping you? What effect would prayer have on this situation?

Dear Father, give me the courage to reach out to people who don't know You. Give me wisdom to know when and how to start conversations about You.
A Friendly 
Conversation





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A Spiritual Checkup (3)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 17, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Spiritual Checkup (3)

He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the spirit' Romans 8:27 NIV
Doing a spiritual checkup means examining things like: 1) Priorities. Seek first the kingdom of Godand all these things shall be added unto you' (Matthew 6:33 NKJV). Do you submit your schedule to God for His approval? Does your...More
MEAL OF REMEMBRANCE
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 4, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

MEAL OF REMEMBRANCE

The Holy Communion is a very significant meal. Unlike regular meals, it a meal of remembrance. When some people take this meal, they forget to heed the instruction in today's Bible reading where the Lord repeatedly said "this do in remembrance of Me". In other words, the meal reminds us of God's power of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions