daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 12:00 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Rooted in Love - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Rooted in Love details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, September 3, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Rooted in Love

Bible in a Year: Psalms 140-142, 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

You left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before.
Ruth 2:11

Today's Scripture & Insight: Ruth 2:5-13

I arrived at the cancer care center, where I'd be serving as my mom's live-in caregiver, feeling alone and afraid. I'd left my family and support system more than 750 miles behind me. But before I could even touch my luggage, Frank, a man with a huge grin, offered to help. By the time we reached the sixth floor, I'd made plans to meet his wife, Lori, who cared for him during his treatments. The couple soon became like family as we leaned on God and each other. We laughed, vented, cried, and prayed together. Though we all felt displaced, our connection to God and each other kept us rooted in love as we supported one another.

When Ruth committed to caring for her mother-in-law, Naomi, she left the security of familiarity behind. Ruth "entered a field and began to glean behind the harvesters" (Ruth 2:3). The overseer told the landowner, Boaz, that Ruth "came into the field" and "remained" working "except for a short rest in the shelter" (v. 7). Ruth found a safe place with people willing to care for her as she cared for Naomi (vv. 8-9). And God provided for Ruth and Naomi though Boaz's generosity (vv. 14-16).

Life's circumstances can provide roads to unexpected places far beyond our comfort zones. As we remain connected to God and each other, He'll keep us rooted in love as we support one another.

By: Xochitl Dixon

Reflect & Pray
How has God comforted you when you felt alone? How has He used other people to support you through a community rooted in His love?

Loving Father, thank You for promising to be with me and for providing all I need.
Rooted in Love





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions