daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 12:01 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Trust in His Name - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Trust in His Name details logo    Our Daily Bread - Sunday, September 12, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Trust in His Name

Bible in a Year: Proverbs 13-15, 2 Corinthians 5

Those who know your name trust in you.
Psalm 9:10

Today's Scripture & Insight: Psalm 9:7-12

As a child, there was a time I dreaded going to school. Some girls were bullying me by subjecting me to cruel pranks. So during recess, I'd take refuge in the library, where I read a series of Christian storybooks. I remember the first time I read the name "Jesus." Somehow, I knew that this was the name of someone who loved me. In the months that followed, whenever I'd enter school fearful of the torment that lay ahead, I'd pray, "Jesus, protect me." I'd feel stronger and calmer, knowing He was watching over me. In time, the girls simply grew tired of bullying me and stopped.

Many years have passed, and trusting His name continues to sustain me through difficult times. Trusting His name is believing that what He says about His character is true, allowing me to rest in Him.

David too knew the security of trusting in God's name. When he wrote Psalm 9, he'd already experienced God as the all-powerful ruler who is just and faithful (vv. 7-8, 10, 16). David thus showed his trust in God's name by going into battle against his enemies, trusting not in his weapons or military skill, but in God ultimately coming through for him as "a refuge for the oppressed" (v. 9).

As a little girl, I called on His name and experienced how He lived up to it. May we always trust His name—Jesus—the name of the One that loves us.

By: Karen Huang

Reflect & Pray
What challenges have been troubling you? How does meditating on Jesus' name build your trust in Him?

Heavenly Father, teach me who You are, so that I never have reason to doubt You in any circumstance I face.
Trust in His Name





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)

He exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord
(Acts 11:23)
A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)

Barnabas exhorted the new believers that they should cleave to the Lord. Some are allowed to have a long season of joy on first believing, but God knows our...More
OF KEYS AND DOORS
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 8, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OF KEYS AND DOORS

Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More
APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions