daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 10:40 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Who You Are - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Who You Are details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, December 2, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Who You Are

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 42-44, 1 John 1

Set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

Today's Scripture & Insight: 1 Timothy 4:12-16

In 2011, after a decade of childlessness, my wife and I chose to start afresh in a new country. Exciting as the move was, it required my leaving a broadcast career, which I missed. Feeling lost, I asked my friend Liam for advice.

"I don't know what my calling is anymore," I told Liam dejectedly.

"You're not broadcasting here?" he asked. I said I wasn't.

"And how is your marriage?"

Surprised at his change of topic, I told Liam that Merryn and I were doing well. We'd faced heartbreak together but emerged closer through the ordeal.

"Commitment is the core of the gospel," he said, smiling. "Oh, how the world needs to see committed marriages like yours! You may not realize the impact you're having already, beyond what you do, simply by being who you are."

When a difficult work situation left Timothy dejected, the apostle Paul didn't give him career goals. Instead, he encouraged Timothy to live a godly life, setting an example through his speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity (1 Timothy 4:12-13, 15). He would best impact others by living faithfully.

It's easy to value our lives based on our career success when what matters most is our character. I had forgotten that. But a word of truth, a gracious act, even a committed marriage can bring great change—because through them something of God's own goodness touches the world.

By: Sheridan Voysey

Reflect & Pray
Who has touched your life and what qualities did they have? How can you set an example of faithfulness today?

Dear God, help me to remember that the work I do isn't as important as the person I become. Please make me more like You.
Who You Are





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, May 28, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE

Read:
.
The essence of the anointing of God in your life is not for show but for service. Service is a fundamental aspect of leadership. The moment you remove service from your life, there is no room for good leadership. People should see the good example you are showing and praise God for your life....More
Apollo 15
The Good Seed
for Monday, July 20, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Apollo 15

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain. You are the same, and your years will not fail.
Hebrews 1:10-12.

Apollo 15
Whenever he gave an account of his landing on the moon during the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions