daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:56 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Just As I Am - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Just As I Am details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, December 29, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Just As I Am

Bible in a Year: Zechariah 9-12, Revelation 20

Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority.
Matthew 10:1

Today's Scripture & Insight: Matthew 10:1, 5-10, 16-20

The young woman couldn't sleep. Having suffered with a physical disability for many years, she'd be center stage at a church bazaar the next day to raise funds for higher education. But I'm not worthy, Charlotte Elliott reasoned. Tossing and turning, she doubted her credentials, questioning every aspect of her spiritual life. Still restless the next day, she finally moved to a desk to pick up pen and paper to write down the words of the now classic hymn, "Just As I Am":

"Just as I am, without one plea, / But that Thy blood was shed for me, / And that Thou bidst me come to Thee, / O Lamb of God, I come, I come."

Her words, written in 1835, express how Jesus called His disciples to come and serve Him. Not because they were ready. They weren't. But because He authorized them—just as they were. A ragtag group, his team of twelve included a tax collector, a zealot, two overly ambitious brothers (see Mark 10:35-37), and Judas Iscariot "who betrayed him" (Matthew 10:4). Still, He gave them authority to "heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons" (v. 8)—all without taking any money, luggage, extra shirt or sandals, or even a walking stick with them (vv. 9-10).

"I am sending you," He said (v. 16), and He was enough. For each of us who say yes to Him, He still is.

By: Patricia Raybon

Reflect & Pray
What's your current situation or status in life? What doubts have you expressed about your readiness to be used by God?

Jesus, bid me to come to You, fully dependent on Your grace and power to make a difference.
Just As I Am





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BAD SOIL
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BAD SOIL

For your request to be granted, you have to apply relevant keys. Many people desire financial breakthrough but are not prepared to apply the right key; unsurprisingly the door just won't open.

Bible in one year:
Psalm 146-150

Action...More
GOD OF PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, February 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD OF PURPOSE

Our God is a God of purpose. He created man for a purpose. He declared His purpose for man even before creating him in His own image. The Bible in Genesis 1:26...More
BACKSLIDER-lN-HEART ll
Open Heavens
for Thursday, April 20, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BACKSLIDER-lN-HEART ll

Read:
. My prayer for you is that your appetite for the things of the world will not destroy you in Jesus' Name.

Prayer...More
Tongue-Tied in Prayer
Our Daily Bread
for Saturday, March 6, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Tongue-Tied in Prayer

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 1-2, Mark...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions