daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:23 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


But I’m Telling You - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

But I’m Telling You details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, January 19, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
But I’m Telling You

Bible in a Year: Genesis 46-48, Matthew 13:1-30

But I tell you, love your enemies.
Matthew 5:44

Today's Scripture & Insight: Matthew 5:43-48

"I know what they're saying. But I'm telling you . . ." As a boy, I heard my mother give that speech a thousand times. The context was always peer pressure. She was trying to teach me not to follow the herd. I'm not a boy any longer, but herd mentality's still alive and kicking. A current example is this phrase: "Only surround yourself with positive people." Now while that phrase may be commonly heard, the question we must ask is: "Is that Christlike?"

"But I'm telling you . . ." Jesus uses that lead-in a number of times in Matthew 5. He knows full well what the world is constantly telling us. But His desire is that we live differently. In this case, He says, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (v. 44). Later in the New Testament, the apostle Paul uses that very word to describe guess who? That's right: us—"while we were God's enemies" (Romans 5:10). Far from some "do as I say, not as I do," Jesus backed up His words with actions. He loved us, and gave His life for us.

What if Christ had only made room in His life for "positive people"? Where would that leave us? Thanks be to God that His love is no respecter of persons. For God so loved the world, and in His strength we are called to do likewise.

By: John Blase

Reflect & Pray
When's the last time someone extended love to you when you weren't "positive"? What's a tangible way today that you can show love to an enemy?

Father, it's tempting to surround myself with only those who love me. But that's not living, at least not the kind of living You desire for me. Help me to love even my enemies.
But I'm Telling You





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAYS OF DELIVERANCE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 11, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAYS OF DELIVERANCE

In

Bible in one year:
Job 14-17

Action...More
It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 30, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that...


It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that Jehovah will requite me good for my being cursed this day. And David and his men went by the way; and Shimei went along on the hill's side over against him, and cursed as he went, and threw stones at him, and cast...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions