daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:21 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


No Loss - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

No Loss details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, January 24, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
No Loss

Bible in a Year: Exodus 9-11, Matthew 15:21-29

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure.
Matthew 13:44

Today's Scripture & Insight: Matthew 13:44-46

My friend Ruel attended a high school reunion held in a former classmate's home. The waterfront mansion near Manila Bay could accommodate two hundred attendees, and it made Ruel feel small.

"I've had many happy years of pastoring remote rural churches," Ruel told me, "and even though I know I shouldn't, I couldn't help but feel envious of my classmate's material wealth. My thoughts strayed to how different life might be if I'd used my degree to become a businessman instead."

"But I later reminded myself there's nothing to feel envious about," Ruel continued with a smile. "I invested my life in serving God, and the results will last for eternity." I'll always remember the peaceful look on his face as he said those words.

Ruel drew peace from Jesus' parables in Matthew 13:44−46. He knew that God's kingdom is the ultimate treasure. Seeking and living for His kingdom might take various forms. For some, it might mean full-time ministry, while for others, it may be living out the gospel in a secular workplace. Regardless of how God chooses to use us, we can continue to trust and obey His leading, knowing, like the men in Jesus' parables, the value of the imperishable treasure we've been given. Everything in this world has infinitely less worth than all we gain by following God (1 Peter 1:4−5).

Our life, when placed in His hands, can bear eternal fruit.

By: Karen Huang

Reflect & Pray
What have you had to live without for the sake of following God? How does Matthew 13:44-46 encourage you?

Father, let each day of my life be a celebration of the treasure I've found in You.
No Loss





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 12, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II

Paul in Philippians 3:10 prayed...More
When You Have A Vision
The Word for today
for Sunday, September 2, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

When You Have A Vision

I was not disobedient to the vision.' Acts 26:19 NIV

When God gives you a vision for your life, you need to know how to:

(1) Hold it. Your vision is governed by a time frame: If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.' (Habakkuk 2:3 NLT) Some of us can...More
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)
The Good Seed
for Saturday, October 29, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my Father will honour.
John 12:25.26.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions