daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:26 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Dwell on This Astonishing Truth - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Dwell on This Astonishing Truth details logo    The LORD is near - Sunday, April 28, 2024
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Dwell on This Astonishing Truth

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
John 8:58 NKJV

Dwell on This Astonishing Truth
I know of nothing that has so astonished my mind as this revelation of “I am,” or the real thought that Jesus could say, “I am.” How manifest it is that nothing but the gift of faith could, even in a single atom, understand or know the truth in the Person of Jesus! While yet, by the perfection of its manifestation in the flesh, every soul was put under the responsibility to receive it as the true word of God. The broad penetrating fact, “I am,” the all-embracing word, must at once close all controversy. We must be opposers or bow before the throne of God. We must stand in awe of Jesus.

Well may it be said, “Kiss the Son!” (Ps. 2:12). Lord Jesus! What sort of subjection is this we owe to You? We have heard of You by the hearing of the ear; but now our eyes see You, we abhor ourselves. Oh! Can we see this in Jesus? Have we seen it? None can see it outside of Him. It is the truth only in Him. Surely we should move mountains if we believed it; yet it is simple truth.

Dwell on it, my soul! Jesus, whom you know, that stranger in the world among His own, is “I am.” Henceforth, let us be dead to all but this. I do indeed stand incapable of utterance. I do read and talk with Jesus, I watch Jesus in His ways as a servant, and, behold, He, even He, is “I am,” with whom I am, whose way I follow, whose grace I adore. Christ is the union of these two things: the Man—the rejected Man, whom I look at now with most thankful sympathy—and, behold, the presence of God! How low it lays men’s thoughts, experience, judgments, and notions! The perfection of God was there, very God, but rejected of men. What can meet or have a place along with this? Let this be my experience. Glory be to God Most High! Amen.

-- J. N. Darby





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE SACRIFICES IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS (8)
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 16, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE SACRIFICES IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS (8)


Whoever touches the body of anyone who has died, and does not purify himself That person shall be cut off from Israel. He shall be unclean, because the water of purification was not sprinkled on him.
(Numbers 19:13 NKJV)


THE SACRIFICES IN THE BOOK OF NUMBERS (8)

The red...More
GOD HAS A SUBSTITUTE
Open Heavens
for Monday, January 13, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD HAS A SUBSTITUTE

One thing we need to learn in today's reading is that God always has a substitute. If God says He wants you, rejoice! However, be careful, because even as He is choosing you, He has already prepared a substitute.

Bible in one year:
2 Corinthians 10-13
Psalm 15-16

Prayer...More
BOASTING DISALLOWED
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 31, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BOASTING DISALLOWED

An individual who believes he or she is wiser than other people is proud. Proverbs 26:12 says:

Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
Psalm 49:6-7
6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
7 None of them can by any means redeem his...More
Surviving the Unbearable
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, April 6, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Surviving the Unbearable

Bible in a Year: 1 Samuel 4-6; Luke 9:1-17


Genesis 16:13

Today's Scripture & Insight: Genesis 16:7-16

The Experience Project, one of the largest online communities of the twenty-first century, was once a site where tens of millions shared deeply painful firsthand...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions