daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:04 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Man in the Glory - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Man in the Glory details logo    The LORD is near - Monday, July 8, 2024
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
A Man in the Glory

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory.
2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV

A Man in the Glory
There can be no real or right sanctification till a man is clear about sin. Until I know my perfect acceptance, and am perfectly assured of salvation, through all sin being gone, I am mingling up my state with my standing. The holy nature is there, but there can be no proper sanctification till I see that Christ has not only borne my sins up to such a day, but that all my sins are gone and, besides that, I have a perfect acceptance in Christ.

There are three things: peace as to sins; present grace; and glory to come (Rom. 5:1–2). Not merely no condemnation as in Christ Jesus—all sin having been cleared away—but a position—a new place in Christ Himself—is ours. All, as to the first Adam, was settled on the cross, and I have a new place in Christ; I am called to walk now as Christ walked, but I am to be conformed to God’s Son in glory. I am to walk as Christ walked, not to be as Christ was. He was without sin in Him, but we have sin in us; nonetheless, sin in our walk is never to be allowed.

Not only are my sins cleared away, but I see a Man gone into glory; and now, not only I would not sin, but I want to be like that Christ in glory—I press on towards the mark (2 Cor. 3:18). I see Christ in glory by faith now; I know I am to be like Him by-and-by, and I want to be as like Him as ever I can be, even now. It is like a light at the end of a tunnel: the nearer I get, the brighter the light. I see the flesh in me never changes, only appears worse and worse; but if my eye is fixed, and my mind is occupied with and full of Christ, I shall get more like Him at every step, changed “into the same image from glory to glory.”

-- J. N. Darby





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


OFFENDED IN CHRIST?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 3, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OFFENDED IN CHRIST?

The Christian race must be run with lots of patience or else it will be bungled midway. If you are inpatient with Gods timing, you will not only get into trouble but may not be able to finish the race. A good number of backsliders derailed from their heavenly track because of impatience. In Matthew 11:6 Jesus...More
Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 9, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And he sat at the tent-door in the heat of the day. And he lifted up his eyes and saw, and behold, three men standing near him.
(Genesis 18:1)

The spiritual elevation of Abraham in Genesis 18 and 19 is something very peculiar. He seems...More
THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY

Yesterday we learnt it is not right for us to get angry with God or to take offence against Him, even if we experience the deferment of our hopes. The example of John the Baptist who earlier acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, but later doubted Him because of his painful experience of incarceration is a warning...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions