daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:04 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Fit for Heaven (2) - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Fit for Heaven (2) details logo    The LORD is near - Sunday, August 18, 2024
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Fit for Heaven (2)

Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
Luke 23:43 NKJV

Fit for Heaven (2)
God says to me, “You are righteous.” By faith I see Jesus is sitting on the right hand of the majesty on high. When did He go there? “When He had by Himself purged our sins” (Heb. 1:3). Then I know my sins are purged before God. There is no progression here, no such thing as being fitted for heaven. There ought to be growth in us, if left here—progress in likeness to Christ—but it is never in Scripture connected with fitness for heaven. Christ is my title. There is growth, but it is never treated as our fitness. This robber was fit for Paradise at once; he went there, anyway, that day. I suppose he was fit for it, since he was fit to be with Christ! Suppose I were to make all the progress the most blessed saint ever made; could I say I was fit thus for Christ? God forbid! Yet I am fit. Death for the believer is simply that he has done with all that is mortal and sinful.

The Jews sent soldiers to break their legs: how little they thought they were sending the robber straight to heaven, to be the first companion (there were Old Testament saints, of course) that followed the blessed Lord!

It would be well for us if we were as close to Christ as that poor robber. When the veil was rent, the whole thing was changed. The Old Testament was a declaration that man could not go to God in the light: God did not come out, and man could not go in. The gospel now says that God did come out, and man can go in. We have “boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus” (Heb. 10:19). If sin is there, how can I enter into the holiest? I am in Christ, not in the flesh. Our sins He bore; we have died with Him, and should enter into the holiest. Access is free, the veil being rent; we are accepted in the Beloved!

-- J. N. Darby





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothingLove never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:2, 8)
About 60 years ago a new medical graduate, a Muslim, walked into the room of a Christian colleague and saw a small open book on his bed. He asked if he could read it, and after...More
CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
SATAN INTIMIDATES
Open Heavens
for Thursday, July 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SATAN INTIMIDATES

When Goliath came to the battlefield, he took the form of a big problem but he later became a big opportunity. He came as a mighty obstacle but turned into a mighty door of opportunity when God stepped in. Every giant who stands in your way this season shall become a door to your breakthrough in Jesus' Name. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions