daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:19 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Divine Commission and the Divine Presence (1) - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Divine Commission and the Divine Presence (1) details logo    The LORD is near - Wednesday, February 5, 2025
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Divine Commission and the Divine Presence (1)

Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt … I will certainly be with you.
Exodus 3:10, 12

Divine Commission and the Divine Presence (1)
God will never ask us to do something for Him, be it little or great, without His presence also aiding and empowering us.

Jehovah had appeared to Moses in the burning bush with the purpose of calling him to a special service: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. So I have come down” (Ex. 3:7–8). How this foreshadows the Lord Jesus who came down to deliver His people! In the case of the Egyptian bondage, God wanted a man to be His representative, and that man, by divine calling, was Moses. But Moses balked at the mission! He summoned several excuses as to why he was the wrong person for the job. Firstly, he asked, “Who am I?” to do such a task. He was basically saying, “I’m a nobody” (Ex. 3:11). Then Moses found another excuse: suppose the people say, “The LORD has not appeared to you”; meaning, “Lord, they will think I’m making this up” (Ex. 4:1). Finally, as a last resort he says, “I am not eloquent”; “God, You shouldn’t use a guy that can’t talk” (Ex. 4:10). Perhaps this last excuse would free him; after all, how can God use someone to communicate who cannot actually communicate?

However, these were all clearly excuses, for Jehovah had said to him, “I will certainly be with you.” This is all we really need. Sometimes the things we are asked to do may seem daunting, or we feel we are insufficient for the task. It is then that God wants to show us that if He has asked it, He will be “our sufficiency” to accomplish it (2 Cor. 3:5). And it is an opportunity for us to prove Him. The mission comes with His presence; that is His promise. Let us trust Him.

Brian Reynolds





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions