daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 3:28 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Alarmed and Attracted - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Alarmed and Attracted details logo    The LORD is near - Friday, January 22, 2022
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Alarmed and Attracted

I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips" "Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away."

When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!"

Isaiah 6:1, 5, 7; Luke 5:8

Alarmed and Attracted
I may have been attracted by grace or alarmed by the terror of the Lord; one is the love getting into your heart, the other the light getting into your conscience, and God is both light and love. The work in which He bore my sins and put them away is perfectly done, in virtue of which God has set Him as Man at His own right hand; there I find salvation. The work is finished, I accept it, I am only too glad to have it, but the thing that gives me peace is that God has accepted it, for He has raised Christ from the dead.

The glory of God Himself now in the face of Jesus Christ is the witness that the believer's sins never can be remembered anymore. Whereas the glory of God formerly alarmed and frightened us, now God has set Christ at His right hand that I might be able to look at it in perfect peace. How could I walk with God if I did not know whether He was going to condemn me or not. One cannot if one is afraid of Him; but I am made the righteousness of God in Him. He is in the glory as Savior.

Oh, the thought that He became Man, that God is unveiled, and came into this world in unbounded love, making the day of judgment a time of triumph for the believer! I say of triumph, beloved. The believer will be perfectly like Christ, "Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body" (Phil. 3:21 kjv). We are left here to have our senses exercised.

J. N. Darby





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BAD SOIL
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BAD SOIL

For your request to be granted, you have to apply relevant keys. Many people desire financial breakthrough but are not prepared to apply the right key; unsurprisingly the door just won't open.

Bible in one year:
Psalm 146-150

Action...More
GOD OF PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, February 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD OF PURPOSE

Our God is a God of purpose. He created man for a purpose. He declared His purpose for man even before creating him in His own image. The Bible in Genesis 1:26...More
BACKSLIDER-lN-HEART ll
Open Heavens
for Thursday, April 20, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BACKSLIDER-lN-HEART ll

Read:
. My prayer for you is that your appetite for the things of the world will not destroy you in Jesus' Name.

Prayer...More
Tongue-Tied in Prayer
Our Daily Bread
for Saturday, March 6, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Tongue-Tied in Prayer

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 1-2, Mark...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions