daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 1:59 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Thankful for Salvation - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Thankful for Salvation details logo    The LORD is near - Saturday, March 6, 2022
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Thankful for Salvation

Him who knew not sin He has made sin for us, that we might become God's righteousness in Him.

For by one offering He has perfected in perpetuity [forever] the sanctified.

2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 10:14

Thankful for Salvation
Strange, incomprehensibly strange, to find the eternal Son of God under wrath, made sin! There are heights and depths in it that we never could understand. But we need also to see the living Lord now in the presence of God for us.

The courts above are a strange place for me to tread. How can I find myself at ease there? Ah! Because of the accepted Sacrifice; up there everything belongs to Him. Without Him heaven would be a perfectly strange place to me. But as soon as my mind gets occupied with Him in heaven, I know it to be true of me before God that Christ is there as the accepted Sacrifice for me, and faith acts on the fact of His being there to give me perfect ease. What a thing it is to be certain that if I were out of the body tonight, I have a life bound up with Christ up there, and I have got practical peace from His being up there as my accepted Sacrifice.

How can I hesitate to draw near to God when He has told us that His whole delight is in the accepted Sacrifice who has perfected me forever? That blood has done it—that death, which has become a record in heaven of what sin is, as well as a record of sin being put away from before God.

Oh what a light God has let shine in on me! He has let me know what a wretched thing I am—all ruin, all misery; but ah! I have fallen to the lot of this Lord Jesus. I am not a wretched man; I am a saved man, and where all is utterly marred and ruined, just there can I say, "I thank God through Jesus Christ." I do not thank Him for the ruin, but knowing what I get from this Adam, I do thank Him.

G. V. Wigram





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.


Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(Galatians 6:1-2)


The verse above enjoins spiritual ones...More
Get God's Opinion (2)
The Word for today
for Thursday, January 30, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (2)

Don't let anyone look down on you because' 1 Timothy 4:12 NIV
Try as you may, you will never fulfil a dream that is not your own. Stop and think about your personal history. How have your plans, goals and desires been influenced by others? Is it possible your dreams are the result of who your parents...More
Diligence in Prayer
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, October 21, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Diligence in Prayer

For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:10

Diligence in Prayer
Diligence in prayer is the secret of eminent holiness. Without question there is a vast difference among true Christians. There is an immense gap between the greatest and the weakest in the army of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions