daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:10 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


That I May Know Him (1) - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

That I May Know Him (1) details logo    The LORD is near - Monday, July 12, 2022
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
That I May Know Him (1)

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.
Philippians 3:10

That I May Know Him (1)
In Acts 9 we read of the conversion of Saul of Tarsus. We hear him ask two questions that are very insightful for understanding the subject of knowing God and making Him known. The first question was, "Who are You, Lord?" The Lord answered by saying, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting." Saul then responded with his second question, saying with trembling and astonishment, "Lord, what do You want me to do?"

The Lord gave him instructions for the moment, but later to Ananias the Lord said of Saul, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake" (v. 15). Once Saul knew who the Lord was, he was used by God to make the Lord known to others. What is interesting is that, from this moment in Acts 9, we read of Saul revealing who this God truly was. Saul, who became Paul, wrote of who God the Father is, who His Son is, and what He accomplished for the glory of His Father!

Paul wrote the Philippians about thirty years after his conversion. Thirty years of walking with the Lord, thirty years of telling others about Jesus Christ, and yet we read, "Indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death" (Phil. 3:8-10).

What a desire for each of our hearts!

Tim Hadley, Sr.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS

The word of Jehovah came unto me, saying: Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say unto them that prophesy out of their own heart, Hear ye the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow after their own spirit, and have seen nothing!...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!

A negative change is generally abhorred by men. Everyone craves progress. We always desire to keep ascending the ladder of success. No one wants to make a u-turn in the journey of greatness. The greatest journey whose end has the greatest significance is the journey to Heaven. This journey is only made in Jesus...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions