daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:07 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Face to Face - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

Face to Face details logo    The LORD is near - Monday, September 20, 2022
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
Face to Face

He who has seen Me has seen the Father.
John 14:9

Face to Face
Years ago, I wanted to get to know the Lord Jesus better, so I started to read the Gospels. I spent time every day looking at how He interacted with others. I saw His dependence on His Father; I saw His compassion and care for others; I saw His hatred for sin and His love for the sinner! As we study His life, the Spirit of God will begin to conform us into the image of the Lord Jesus. Why study His life? The Lord Jesus said, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father."

In John 1:1-2 we read, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God." This is an extremely important verse. It tells us the relationship the Lord Jesus has with the Father. It carries the thought that being with God can mean "face to face!" The Lord Jesus, who is the Eternal Word, was face to face with the Father!

In John 1:18 we read, "No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him." As we study the Eternal Word who became flesh (v. 14), we answer that age-old question, "What does God look like?" The very life of the Lord Jesus reveals God to us. This expression, "face to face" is used figuratively of several men in the Old Testament. Genesis 32:30 reveals that "Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: ‘For I have seen God face to face.'" Then Moses is said to have seen God face to face in Exodus 33:11: "So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend." Both with Jacob and Moses, after they met with God "face to face," their lives where changed forever.

When you and I get to know the Lord "face to face," we will become more and more like Him! And this will prepare us for the coming day when we shall see Him as He is and we shall be like Him!

Tim Hadley, Sr.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions