daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:51 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Freedom from addiction - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Freedom from addiction details logo    The Good Seed - Tuesday, May 3, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Freedom from addiction

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:12; Galatians 5:16.

Freedom from addiction
Addiction, or dependence, is behaviour based on a repeated and irrepressible desire to do or consume something despite the motivation and attempts to avoid it. Some addictions are serious: drugs, alcohol, pornography, video games, gambling. Sometimes we speak lightly of being "hooked" on certain transmissions or the website without realising that the source is the same for both believers and unbelievers.

When the apostle Paul wrote: "What I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practise; but what I hate, that I do" (Romans 7:15). He describes a believer who experiences the presence of sin within him through the desires that it suggests, and who tries to escape from the actual situation by his own means.

Where then is the power enabling me to realise what today's verse affirms: "I will not be brought under the power of any"? The power is that of the Spirit of God indwelling the believer (Galatians 4:6).

So how can I "walk in the Spirit", allowing it to direct my life? In me myself there is not the strength to do so. I must remember that "I am crucified with Christ" and that "it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). If I pray and read the Bible, whether alone or with other Christians, Christ will live in me and deliver me with the strength that God grants day after day.

Today's reading: Jeremiah 35:12-19 · Romans 7:14-25





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


VICTIM OF COMFORT?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTIM OF COMFORT?

Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can you attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert Heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
SOCIAL DEVIANTS!
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 4, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOCIAL DEVIANTS!

A Christian can be described as a little Christ. While on earth, Christ exhibited integrity in all His utterances and actions. He said His children would do greater works. Are you born-again? Are you a true child of God? With self-discipline and appropriate preparation, you can become effective in exhibiting...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions