daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:03 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


After the preaching I spoke to... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

After the preaching I spoke to... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, June 23, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
After the preaching I spoke to...

We love him because he first loved us.
1 John 4:19.

After the preaching I spoke to a young man. He gave me to understand that he was deaf; so using sign language I told him, "God loves you." He shook his head and explained, "That's not true. He hates me. I know, because I've been told that He will cast me into hell for not living righteously and holy and not keeping God's commandments. Since I heard that, I haven't touched a Bible: I'm afraid of God."

I told him that I knew the reason why he was there that evening, even if he hadn't understood the preaching. He was to hear that God loves him. Then I stood beside him, opened my Bible and pointed to two verses in the Bible that we both read:

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

"God is love. We love him because he first loved us" (1 John 4:16.19).

He looked puzzled, wondering whether that was true and applied to him. But then I noticed that his fear disappeared and joy replaced it.

People can also be spiritually deaf: they fail to hear when God speaks to them. Yet it is true: God loves us. He revealed His love in giving His Son. Jesus Christ died for us. He has "no pleasure in the death of the wicked". If He had, Christ would not have had to die. God wants "the wicked to turn from his evil ways and live" (Ezekiel 33:11).

Today's reading: Leviticus 11:29-47 · Psalms 57:1-11





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BAD SOIL
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BAD SOIL

For your request to be granted, you have to apply relevant keys. Many people desire financial breakthrough but are not prepared to apply the right key; unsurprisingly the door just won't open.

Bible in one year:
Psalm 146-150

Action...More
GOD OF PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, February 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD OF PURPOSE

Our God is a God of purpose. He created man for a purpose. He declared His purpose for man even before creating him in His own image. The Bible in Genesis 1:26...More
BACKSLIDER-lN-HEART ll
Open Heavens
for Thursday, April 20, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BACKSLIDER-lN-HEART ll

Read:
. My prayer for you is that your appetite for the things of the world will not destroy you in Jesus' Name.

Prayer...More
Tongue-Tied in Prayer
Our Daily Bread
for Saturday, March 6, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Tongue-Tied in Prayer

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 1-2, Mark...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions