daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:03 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Changing direction - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Changing direction details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, June 30, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Changing direction

I was brought low, and he saved me.
Psalm 116:6.

Changing direction
A former soldier gives this report of his life:

"I could sense a terrible vacuum within me, so that I sank into serious depression. I expected nothing from the Christian faith. God did not exist for me as a person. Divine things were simple and tangible - all that enabled people to live like air, sun, water and food. Jesus preached love, but He was only a human being. The Bible was a book like any other and belonged to the realm of fantasy literature.

I was doing military service. After an evening in the bar of my regiment a comrade started talking to me about Jesus Christ. Although I was somewhat tipsy, during the night I began to think over what he said. The next day I hitchhiked home for the weekend. My driver invited me to a cup of coffee on the way.

When we entered a Christian café, a brief sermon was just ending. We talked to the preacher, and what he said affected me very much. It was clear that God was calling me, for I didn't believe in chance. Suddenly I understood and agreed that I needed to change fundamentally.

In the following weeks I often spoke to my comrade about the gospel. We went to the weekly Bible study meetings in a Christian fellowship. Then I started attending services in my home village, and a few months later I was baptised.

The Lord Jesus has changed me and my life completely. Now I have belonged to Him for over thirty years. And although life has not always been easy for me during this time, I regret nothing.

Today's reading: Leviticus 14:33-57 · Psalms 62:1-12





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING
Daily Scripture Reading
for Saturday, August 22, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING



Do hope you are learning from our meditations through Psalm 73. It pictures to us the reality of everyday living. I do hope you are realizing that after all there is no point envying the prosperous wicked. Do not kill yourself for nothing. You have your life to live. Do not be a puppet dancing the...More
Hudson Taylor...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, May 20, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Hudson Taylor...


John 19:30

The parents of Hudson Taylor (1832-1905), the well-known missionary in China, were believers. From their example, he noticed early in life how helpful prayer and the Bible are.
His parents' exemplary life impressed him, and he endeavoured to be as good a Christian as they were....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions